Thursday, April 16, 2009

Beyond Beats And Rhymes


I'm a guy who gets "turned-on" by music videos like everyone else but the documentory Beyond Beats And Rhymes really opened my eyes to the fact that we as a creature on earth will one day go extinct because of the lust and violence in our world and only when we open our eyes can we survive. I know people who disagree with me but I'd like to say that what I saw was truly disgusting and that the students should definitely see this film so that we can grow not out of ignorance but of knowledge. The film shows that the music industry is wrong in some respects and that it is all about making money. The film is graphic and like t.v. we may see it as if it's nothing but you have to think what does it do to you and how it affects your life.

The film showed that the principles of our nation as changed so mush so that we are into violence and killing . The future can only consist of violence and killing. It is so evident that race is always going to interfere because that is all there is in the music of hip-hop. The future is hate.

The cop in the video said that it was a good day because there was no crime and the funny thing was that the video had caught people sexually harassing women. That got my attention.

The understanding of hip-hop that I had was not formed so it didn't change.

A good choice that the director made was to appear in the documentory as a character and this was effective because it made the video feel personal and made it more familiar. The bad choise was to have some unnecessary video shots and that is my analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment